Thursday, June 19, 2014

What's Wrong with Max?

Giant Malamute Dog
Max the Giant Malamute
As many of you know, I have a Giant Alaskan Malamute named Max. Something very odd has gotten into poor Max recently. At the ripe old age of 2 and 1/2, he is exhibiting some very strange behavior.

He has:

- Stopped prancing on the couch
- Stopped chewing DVDs
- Stopped peeing on the floor
- Stopped eating shoes
- Stopped scratching the carpet
- Stopped eating socks. STOPPED EATING SOCKS!!!
- Stopped destroying things. Anything. Everything. (I'm almost certain I am jinxing myself here.)

Instead he is:

- Taking orders from my 2-year-old. Sometimes even before he takes orders from me.
- Lying around like a very expensive throw rug (see photo above)
- Sniffing things and leaving them alone. Well, except for moose.
- Not eating socks. Come on, our feet don't smell any different....
- Super affectionate "good boy".
- And he doesn't step on my feet. (Too often.)

Like I said, very odd behavior. I'm almost worried. Almost.

I'm not entirely worried because he still steals my popcorn, so I know it's still "him" in that big goofy head of his. He hasn't been abducted by aliens or anything. Whew! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! <3

Emily Theroux said...

Like our 'whackadoodle,' Zoe, it looks like Max has gone and done the saddest thing a puppy can do — grow up.(Definitely tougher on the humans than the dogs!)