Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Invention of the Don't Touch the Baby Sign

As many of you know, my 2nd daughter was born in early 2011. It was such an exciting time in my life! I'd waited so long for a perfect little baby and there she was! So pretty and so cute, all I wanted to do was cuddle and play with her. Well, it turns out I wasn't alone.

I had to leave the house (for groceries, and not to mention my sanity) and when I did, baby obviously had to go. Before long, I realized I had an annoying little problem that just kept getting bigger as baby did: PEOPLE!

People with dirty hands!

People we did not know!

People who were visibly sick!!!

People wanting to touch my precious little baby! As a complete germaphobe, I was TERRIFIED! When a cashier at the supermarket came over to play with her during flu season - and tried to KISS HER HAND - it was the last straw! I now hated leaving the house with my baby. I did not want to risk getting her sick. I am a polite person, and I did not want to offend people by saying "Back off!" Which is what they deserved. I asked other moms how they told people to leave their babies alone, and it seemed my problem was very common and equally annoying to all. Their advice? A) be rude for my kid's sake, B) lie about food allergies or C) stay at home!

Well, that was a no-brainer! I chose: C) stay at home!

Just Kidding!

Early in 2012, I had another baby girl. Now I was going out with not one but TWO very cute, playful babies. As I suspected, the problem did not get better; it got worse. As politely as possible, I'd tell people not to touch due to food allergies. (Can you imagine if they had food allergies? Those poor kids with peanut allergies, you don't know who just had a peanut butter sandwich and is now touching your baby!) But it didn't work. Often I would be "too late" and they already touched my kid before I even opened my mouth. What to do!


Baby Car Seat Signs 


Well, I am an artist, after all. So I created a sign, had it professionally printed and assembled it to put near my baby. And what happened? NO ONE TOUCHED! AT ALL! I tested this sign out for an entire month! While people commented on how cute and clever it was, and even went out of their way to read it, NOT ONCE did someone attempt to touch my baby! And in case you're wondering, NO ONE that came across was offended by this sign! It turns out, people do have a sense of humor!

And that was it, problem solved! No worries about being rude and no worrying about dirty hands - I let the sign do all the work, and it was great to finally stop worrying about it!

From the first day I put my sign to use, people with babies and LOTS of pregnant ladies have asked where they can get one. Well now you can get one here! I seriously can not think of a single parent in the whole world this would not be useful for! This would make a great baby shower gift, too. Unless you are a complete hermit crab who never leaves home, you NEED this! Trust me, I know from experience!

About Do Not Touch the Baby Signs:

  • Sign measures approximately 6.5" x 4.3"
  • Sign is laminated, so it's durable and easy to clean.
  • Comes with a FREE velcro strap for attaching to infant car seat carriers! Colors may vary, while supplies last!
  • For maximum visibility, the Do Not Touch the Baby image is printed on both sides.
  • Handmade in the USA.
  • Please allow 2-3 business days for your sign to ship.
  • Ships via 1st class mail. Allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.
Note: NOT A TOY, so don't allow your baby to play with the Do Not Touch the Baby sign. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

So pick one up for your baby's car seat, stroller, and a few for your best friend's baby shower! You'll be glad you did, and you'll be sparing yourself - and them - a massive headache!

BUY ONLINE AT DontTouchBaby.com

No comments: